Speaking Funny! With Celia Delaney – 017
Being a professional actress, with a training business, Celia Delaney made a smooth transition into public speaking, but it wasn’t until she added humour into her presentations that her professional speaking career really took off.
Now, between speaking events, she can be found making people laugh with songs and jokes on the comedy circuit!
In this episode, we cover a lot of ground, and there are some fantastic tips for new, and experienced Speakers alike.
Only listen to this show if you want to make some serious progress with your speaking this year!
What you’ll learn
- The four pillars you need to work on to become a great speaker
- How to manage your state before speaking
- Why you need to treat speaking as a heightened form of conversation
- Why your content should be full of attitude.
- How adding humour to your speaking can increase your bookings and fees
- Why a Question and Answer session should be the last thing you do
- How to make sure you can always answer the questions
- Why MC and Speaker roles are totally different
- Top tips for adding humour to your presentation
- Why you should always have a notebook with you.
- Top tips for becoming a paid professional Speaker
All things Celia:
Thanks for listening!
To share your thoughts:
- leave a comment below.
- Share this show on Twitter, Facebook or LinkedIn.
To help the show out:
- Leave an honest review at www.ratethispodcast.com/tsc. Your ratings and reviews really help get the word out and I read each one.
- Subscribe on iTunes.