An Insider's Guide to the Speaking Industry and Becoming a Paid Speaker with Maria Franzoni - 022
The speaking industry is growing massively, but Maria Franzoni has been booking speakers for over 20 years!
An owner of her own bureau, MFL, and a founding member of the European Association of Speakers Bureaux (EASB), Maria Franzoni is a formidable influence in the space. In this show, she takes me behind the scenes of speaker bureaux, what they are looking for in speakers, how to approach a bureau, what you need to have in place to transition into paid speaking and loads more!
If you are serious about progressing your speaking career, or you’re curious to find out how the speaking industry works, then you’ll love this show.
What you’ll learn
- The criteria speakers need to meet to get taken on by a bureau
- What not to do if you want to join a speaker bureau
- How to increase your chances of getting taken on by a speaking bureau
- Why it’s counterproductive to talk about everything
- How becoming an expert on the right topic can accelerate your professional speaking career
- How a coach or mentor can fast-track your speaking career
- Speaker show reels…how long, what should be in it, what quality should it be?
- The difference between the European and American speaking market.
- Why you should establish yourself in the market where your audience is.
- Top tips for moving into paid speaking
- What is the typical first fee for speakers, and how high can you go!
- How important writing a book is to your speaking career.
- What makes the difference between a good speaker and a great speaker.
- What’s the benefit of using a speaker bureau
- What the speaker fee is paying for
- What a typical day in a speaker bureau looks like
All things Maria:
Thanks for listening!
To share your thoughts:
- leave a comment below.
- Share this show on Twitter, Facebook or LinkedIn.
To help the show out:
- Leave an honest review at www.ratethispodcast.com/tsc. Your ratings and reviews really help get the word out and I read each one.
- Subscribe on iTunes.