How to Make Your Public Speaking Less Taxing with Mark Lee - 029
Accountants can sometimes have a bit of a reputation, and Mark Lee has certainly got one! After 30 years in the industry, sprinkled with some magic, he switched from advising businesses on accountancy, to speaking to accountants about business. Today, he is one of the biggest influencers in the profession, he is also Treasurer of the Magic Circle, a coach, mentor and writer, all of which he does alongside his speaking.
He specialises in advising professionals how to make themselves stand out as a business and as an individual, using a combination of stories, magic tricks, and great tools to help people move forward.
He can be controversial, and challenging, but always with the right balance of fun and positivity to make sure his message lands. In this show he is sharing some of his secrets to making your talks more engaging, based on his time as a professional speaker, and many years performing magic.
What you’ll learn
- Why you should always ensure there is a customer for your talk.
- How you can use the stage to support your message.
- Why it’s important to have valuable takeaways for your audience.
- The value of having a model to talk around.
- How you can use a structure for your talk that can be flexed for length.
- Why personal stories are so important for making your message memorable.
- Why creating the title of your talk is the first bit of marketing you do.
- What tools you can use to gather content for your talk.
- Why topical messages can help your message become more engaging.
- The four suits method for increasing your networking success.
- Why analogies are such a powerful tool.
- Why you should watch performers from other disciplines to develop your craft.
- How your passions can be used to frame your talk.
All things Mark:
All social platforms - @bookmarklee
Thanks for listening!
To share your thoughts:
- leave a comment below.
- Share this show on Twitter, Facebook or LinkedIn.
To help the show out:
- Leave an honest review at www.ratethispodcast.com/tsc. Your ratings and reviews really help get the word out and I read each one.
- Subscribe on iTunes.