The After-Dinner Speaker is Served with Jeremy Nicholas - 035
Jeremy Nicholas is an in demand public speaker who gave up on a career in engineering before he’d even started, choosing to pursue his passion for radio, (even though his Mum said he was boring). He spent many years in broadcasting, also doing voiceover work, (you will recognize his dulcet tones if you are a FIFA Football video game fan), and trying his hand at stand-up comedy, before transitioning to a career in speaking. He is known for being a funny story teller and has many tales to draw on from when things went wrong on broadcasts for the Beeb.
In this show he gives the lowdown on the different types of speaking and talks us through how he prepares for each. He shares how he uses stories and props in his talks and how he teaches corporate clients how to be more engaging. You will also find out about his upcoming one man show, and his comedy trousers.
What you’ll learn:
- The difference between being an MC, After Dinner Speaker and Keynote.
- How Jeremy prepares for the different types of speaking.
- How Jeremy built up his after-dinner material.
- The way that Jeremy uses stories in his keynote.
- Why you should keep a story diary.
- How developing your comedy and performance muscles can improve your speaking.
- What parts of your speaking you should develop for success?
- Should you specialize in a type of speaking?
- How Jeremy makes his talks more engaging and tips for you too.
- How to get more attention after a speech!
- Why it’s important to stick to your guns if you charge a speaking fee.
- Why you should make sure the clothes you speak in fit!
- What you can learn from Churchill’s speeches.
All things Jeremy Nicholas:
FaceBook / Twitter: @jeremy_nicholas
Thanks for listening!
To share your thoughts:
- leave a comment below.
- Share this show on Twitter, Facebook or LinkedIn.
To help the show out:
- Leave an honest review at www.ratethispodcast.com/tsc. Your ratings and reviews really help get the word out and I read each one.
- Subscribe on iTunes.