Body Language Secrets for Speaking and Sales Success with Shelly O’Donovan – 039
Shelly O’Donovan has spent many years in the public policy arena, working with corporations to shape their strategy and building bridges between the commercial interests of organizations and government affairs.
During her time working in government relations, public policy, lobbying, grassroots advocacy, legislative and regulatory processes, and policy maker engagement she has seen the gamut of body language dos and don’ts. It was in this arena she noticed some of the brightest people weren’t having the impact they deserved, yet others with half the substance and potential were having great success.
After studying the arts of body language, personality types and lie detection, not only did Shelly see her own status and influence increase, but she was able to discern why others were successful or not. Today she speaks, coaches and trains on increasing the impact of your body language for speaking, confidence, gravitas, and sales, and we are lucky enough to have her on the show sharing what she knows to increase our success in these areas.
What you’ll learn
- What charisma is and how you can increase yours.
- The secrets of Bill Clinton’s charisma.
- What body language cues are, and which ones are critical for a powerful first impression.
- Why your ‘nod’ gives your thoughts away.
- The different types of gaze and how you should use them.
- How you can get people to notice you.
- Why you should adapt your body language to fit the environment you’re operating in.
- How being intentional with your body language can increase your confidence.
- The body language signs that give nerves and anxiety away and how we can lose them.
- What micro-expressions are and how you can use them to better relate to and influence others.
- What body language cues we can adopt to increase our chances of winning the sale.
- Why you have to take environmental factors into account when reading body language.
- The negative impact incongruent body language cues can have on our relationships and career.
- The big five personality types and how you can use them to improve your negotiation skills.
- The cultural differences of body language.
- Gender specific issues around body language.
- Common misperceptions about body language.
- What a non-verbal brand is and how Donald Trump uses his.
- Three top body language tips for speakers and winning sales.
- Why it is crucial to use body language skills authentically and for good!
All things Shelly O’Donovan:
Twitter / Linked In: @shellyodonovan
Thanks for listening!
To share your thoughts:
- leave a comment below.
- Share this show on Twitter, Facebook or LinkedIn.
To help the show out:
- Leave an honest review at www.ratethispodcast.com/tsc. Your ratings and reviews really help get the word out and I read each one.
- Subscribe on iTunes.