How Speaking Can Bring Solace and Purpose with Clarry Bean – 063
After a battle lasting nearly eight years Clarry Bean’s wife Christine lost the fight for her life a year and a day from when this show was recorded. Despite thinking that he was prepared to face the future without the love of his life, Clarry found himself in shock and despair. Taking inspiration from the strength Christine found in facing her illness, he forced himself to find something positive to come out of his situation.
The idea for a musical tribute came into his mind and he tentatively began reaching out to friends and family to make his little project happen. In this podcast, Clarry shares his and Christine’s story and how his small idea grew into a full-blown Christmas single and a speaking tour with a message that is touching people all over the world.
(Please be aware that whilst this show is filled with joy, and love and hope, and the aim is that it helps those who are grieving to find peace, you may find it upsetting if you have lost someone recently.)
What we talk about:
- Why Clarry decided to create the single.
- How what started as a little tribute has turned into something much bigger.
- How Christine inspired people with the way that she coped with her illness.
- What helped Christine stay positive despite her diagnosis.
- How the project has helped Clarry and his family heal and move forward and yet keep Christine present.
- The challenges and doubts Clarry faced bringing the project to life and how he feels that Christine has been a guiding hand.
- How you can prepare to deliver a highly emotional message
- Why you need to leave your ego behind to deliver the message
- How the message is connecting with people who have experienced loss
All things Clarry / Christine:
Thanks for listening!
To share your thoughts:
- leave a comment below.
- Share this show on Twitter, Facebook or LinkedIn.
To help the show out:
- Leave an honest review at www.ratethispodcast.com/tsc. Your ratings and reviews really help get the word out and I read each one.
- Subscribe on iTunes.