How Intentional Movement Can Power Up Your Public Speaking Part Two - 070
In order to realise your full potential and impact as a public speaker, it’s important that you understand and harness the power of your body language and movement in your communication with an audience. Performers in every genre, can evoke emotion in their audience without uttering a single word.
Whether it’s the arch of an eyebrow that makes the audience collapse in laughter, the arch of a body that communicates desire, or the arch of a conductor’s hand bringing an orchestra to a crescendo.
As a speaker you can also use your body in harmony with your voice and words to change the state of your audience and move them to action.
In part two of this series I’ll be continuing to share how you can use your body and intentional movement to increase your impact.
What this episode covers:
- How you can choreograph your talk to direct an audience’s attention and emotion.
- Why it’s critical to keep your energy consistent.
- How to use proximity as a powerful tool.
- Mirror neurons and why they are a friend to public speakers.
- How you should setup your stage.
Thank you for listening!
To share your thoughts:
- leave a comment below.
- Share this show on Twitter, Facebook or LinkedIn.
To help the show out:
- Leave an honest review at https://www.ratethispodcast.com/tsc. Your ratings and reviews really help get the word out and I read each one.
- Subscribe on iTunes.