How to Make Your Audience Care and Create Lightbulb Moments - 078
Most of us that speak in public have a relatively high level of expertise in the topic we’re presenting on…and that is how it should be. But therein lies a risk and an issue that has turned many potentially scintillating talks into snooze fests.
Depending on our experience as a speaker, the context in which we’re speaking and our own level of insecurities, there is sometimes an overwhelming desire to ‘prove’ ourselves and show how much we know. (Trust me I’ve been there before!) The trouble is that this is often at the expense of engaging our audience and getting our message across.
Here I’m going to share my three top tips to help you avoid the ‘expert’ trap, so that you land your message and create light bulb moments for your audience.
What this episode covers:
- The shift in thinking that will transform your speaking
- Why common sense is ignored and what to use instead
- How to keep your audience attentive all the way through
- How to simplify your message and create light bulb moments
- The antidote to boring big data
Thanks for listening!
Leaving a review:
To share your thoughts:
- leave a comment below.
- Share this show on Twitter, Facebook or LinkedIn.
To help the show out:
- Leave an honest review at https://www.ratethispodcast.com/tsc. Your ratings and reviews really help get the word out and I read each one.
- Subscribe on iTunes.