Two Must Have Skills for Powerful Public Speaking - 098
Whether you’re a storyteller, salesperson, marketer, leader, entrepreneur, coach, consultant or public speaker in order to be successful you have to understand your audience. To be great at public speaking you have to find a way to get them to pay attention and persuade them to act. Whether that action is changing their perspective, buying into an idea or project, or purchasing your product or service.
To grab attention and persuade people to act, you need to understand what they want, what they don’t want, and what matters enough to move them into action. To gain this knowledge there are two skills we need to master, and in this episode, I’ll be sharing what they are and what could stop you or get in your way of leveraging their power in your communication.
What we’re going to cover:
- The two critical skills for powerful public speaking
- Why these skills are important
- The human psychology traps that sabotage our success
- What the ‘Backfire effect’ is and how we can combat it.
- A trick for managing ‘haters’
- How to ‘ask’ effectively
- The ‘bad’ advice given about listening
- Tips for having better conversations
Thanks for listening!
To share your thoughts:
- leave a comment below.
- Share this show on Twitter, Facebook or LinkedIn.
To help the show out:
- Leave an honest review at www.ratethispodcast.com/tsc. Your ratings and reviews really help get the word out and I read each one.
- Subscribe on iTunes.