Building Your Sales Voice & Confidence with Diane Banister - 102
Diane Banister is the CEO of Intelligent Dialogue, and she has spent decades helping companies develop their customer service and get incredible sales results. In this episode I have brought her on to help you look at selling in a new way, so that you can get more gigs or grow your business.
The truth is that unless you have the right attitude towards sales, you are likely to fail whether you are selling an idea, a change, or a product or service. If you can get comfortable and good at selling not only will your message have more impact, but your bank balance will look better too!
What we talk about:
- The beliefs about sales that may be holding you back.
- Reframing sales for better results.
- The impact of reluctant salespeople on the bottom line.
- Importance of ‘pain and gain’ in successful selling.
- Why you need to know the value of your product or service to your customer.
- The question you should ask yourself before you meet with any potential customer.
- How we can build our sales confidence, attitude and voice.
- Why you shouldn’t price your products and services based on what you would pay.
- The similarities between presenting and a sales conversation.
- A sales conversation structure.
- Why it’s critical to detach your identity, self-worth and targets from the sales conversation and what to do instead.
- Storytelling in sales conversations.
- Tips on getting access to decision makers.
- Why you need to forget the material when you’re speaking and focus on the audience.
- The big mistake people are making on first contact with decision makers and what to do instead.
- Why you need to think about the lifetime value of a customer.
- How stories impact the sales conversation and can attract customers
- The parallels between training and selling.
- The difference between training and development.
- Why the beginning of any workshop is crucial for the success of the event and how to do it right.
- What sales lessons we can learn from cricket.
- Why we should reflect more to get better results.
All things Diane Banister:
Twitter / Linked In:
Thanks for listening!
To share your thoughts:
- leave a comment below.
- Share this show on Twitter, Facebook or LinkedIn.
To help the show out:
- Leave an honest review at www.ratethispodcast.com/tsc. Your ratings and reviews really help get the word out and I read each one.
- Subscribe on iTunes.