Taking the Fear Out of Successful PR with Angharad Massie - 106
Made redundant from her dream PR job at 40, instead of becoming a victim to uncertainty and fear, Angharad Massie grabbed them by the horns and pulled them along in her wake. Now she owns Fearless PR and works for some of the biggest and littlest brands in the UK and Globally.
I asked her onto the Speaking Club to breakdown the myths and misunderstandings about what PR really is, so that you can begin to use PR as a tool to help you build your brand, spread your message and increase your impact. Angharad didn’t disappoint and shares brilliant strategies, tools and tips for creating your Fearless PR content, developing your network and influencing stakeholders to become advocates and fans.
Make sure you listen to this show if you would like to get more people shouting about what you do!
What we talk about:
- How life events that seem devastating can be the biggest gift if you can just stay strong.
- The definition of successful PR
- How storytelling and humour influences PR success
- Balancing the different stakeholder interests in PR and how to do it.
- The difference between PR and advertising
- Why it’s important to find the right angle for your message
- What comedians, actors and performers have in common with PR agencies
- Why you should lead with a negative
- How McDonalds and Greggs have built brand respect by not taking themselves so seriously
- Why speakers should consider developing brand personality
- The importance of building a network of relationships and superfans to share your message
- Tips for building your network with authenticity
- How to develop relationships with influencers and journalists
- The top 3 strategies for running a successful PR campaign
- How to mine the golden content that’s already around you
- Why you shouldn’t let fear stop you from living your best life
All things Angharad:
Thanks for listening!
To share your thoughts:
- leave a comment below.
- Share this show on Twitter, Facebook or LinkedIn.
To help the show out:
- Leave an honest review at www.ratethispodcast.com/tsc. Your ratings and reviews really help get the word out and I read each one.
- Subscribe on iTunes.