The Journey to Business and Speaking Success with Mike Michalowicz - 115
Mike Michalowicz is a best-selling author, speaker, multi-millionaire business owner and the man that Simon Sinek calls “the top contender for the patron saint of entrepreneurs”
However, his work today came as a result of learning some crucial business and life lessons after losing everything he’d made from selling two companies. Since then Mike has devoted his life to finding better ways for himself and other entrepreneurs to grow healthy, strong companies.
He is a former small business columnist for The Wall Street Journal and business makeover specialist on MSNBC. Mike is a popular main stage keynote speaker on innovative entrepreneurial topics.
One of his most popular books and systems is Profit First, which is used by hundreds of thousands of companies across the globe to drive profit. He has written many others and his latest book, ‘Fix This Next’, is accidentally, but perfectly timed to help many business owners suffering as a result of the crisis.
In this show, I’m getting the low down from Mike on many things that will help you as a speaker and business owner to move forward despite the challenges that you are facing on the journey.
I hope you enjoy the show.
What we talk about:
- Why Mike has dedicated his life to investigating the journey of successful entrepreneurship.
- The origin of Profit First as a way of managing cash in your business.
- Why traditional accounting methods don’t work for entrepreneurs.
- How ‘Profit First’ works.
- The amazing results it has had for entrepreneurs and businesses in sustaining profitability.
- The ‘Survival Trap’ exercise that you can run for your business.
- Why Mike developed the ‘Business Hierarchy of Needs’ to identify the right actions for your business if you’re feeling overwhelmed or facing a crisis in your business.
- The story of Cottonwood Coffee and how they used the business hierarchy of needs.
- How speaking fits into what Mike does.
- Why you should give people actionable content when you’re speaking.
- The ‘One Step Back’ technique and how you can use it to pivot.
- Why you shouldn’t give until it hurts and what you do should always have a sales foundation.
- How and why Mike uses stories and humour in his talks.
- The way that Mike overcame his public speaking anxiety.
- Why you should listen to people’s wallets, rather than their words.
All things Mike
Thanks for listening!
To share your thoughts:
- leave a comment below.
- Share this show on Twitter, Facebook or LinkedIn.
To help the show out:
- Leave an honest review at www.ratethispodcast.com/tsc. Your ratings and reviews really help get the word out and I read each one.
- Subscribe on iTunes.