Is Your ‘Content Flow’ Causing Your Audience to Switch Off? - 118
Content flow relates to the composition of your talk and how you get your audience from ‘a’ to ‘b’. This is relevant whether you’re doing a 15 second Tik Tok, three minute facebook live, blog or or a 45 minute keynote. You need to consider some often overlooked factors relating to ‘content flow’ that will affect the experience people have on their journey with you... whatever medium it’s on, or how long it may be.
Get it right and you may win a fan, but get it wrong and you may leave your audience bored, confused, and unlikely to bother engaging with you again.
In this show I’m going to be sharing those factors you need to pay attention to, so that your content keeps your audience focused, engaged and eager to take the next steps with you.
What you’ll discover:
- My Gambian nightmare and why it matters to your audience.
- The starting point for any speaking content.
- Why speakers can learn a lot from tattoo artists.
- The key ‘content flow’ ingredients for a great talk.
- What a segue is and why it matters.
- The secrets to good segues.
- Why stories and gaps are your friend for keeping your audience focused.
- Get the audience committed.
- Resolution and the warm fuzzy feeling it brings.
Thanks for listening!
To share your thoughts:
- leave a comment below.
- Share this show on Twitter, Facebook or LinkedIn.
To help the show out:
- Leave an honest review at www.ratethispodcast.com/tsc. Your ratings and reviews really help get the word out and I read each one.
- Subscribe on iTunes.