How to Navigate Sales Conversations Online with Diane Banister - 120
Covid-19 has affected all our lives, forcing us to make dramatic changes to the way we live and work to adapt to a new reality. Life will revert to some form of ‘normal’, but this experience will result in some lasting behavioural shifts...and more remote working and online communication are likely to be two big ones. The bottom line is that not only do we need to get comfortable presenting online, but we need to get comfortable having sales conversations online if you want to grow your business now and in the future.
Whether you’re an entrepreneur or a corporate leader with sales teams who have to make this transition, it’s going to be important that you are able to start back strong in this new context.
That’s why I’ve brought Diane Banister, the CEO of Intelligent Dialogue, on the show. She has spent decades helping companies develop their sales capability and has made a significant change to her own business by bringing it online, with incredible success.
I hope this episode gives you some tips for communicating in this new context and taking your business forward.
What you’ll discover:
- How Covid-19 hit Diane’s offline training business and what she did about it.
- The difference between ‘responding’ and ‘reacting’ when business challenges arise.
- The differences between training virtually rather than live and how to handle them.
- Why moving to online communication requires you to be at the top of your game.
- Whether you should be selling right now and if so how.
- The challenges many are going to face getting back to work.
- How sales conversations will change in the new communication context.
- Why it’s wrong to make blanket assumptions about how your customers have been impacted.
- Why you should be spending time on making your message relevant for where each of your customers might be.
All things Diane Banister:
*Coupon Code for The Speaking Club Discount = TSC2020
Thanks for listening!
To share your thoughts:
- leave a comment below.
- Share this show on Twitter, Facebook or LinkedIn.
To help the show out:
- Leave an honest review at www.ratethispodcast.com/tsc. Your ratings and reviews really help get the word out and I read each one.
- Subscribe on iTunes.