The Inside Track to Networking Like a Boss! With Devora Zack - 128
Devora Zack has carved out a reputation as a networking guru, and what she has to share about authentic networking is valid whether you're doing it online or eyeball to eyeball.
She’s been featured in many publications and media such as the Wall Street Journal, Forbes, USA Today, Women’s Health and Fast Company - to name but a few!
She’s also won numerous awards and written many books, including her best-selling ‘Networking For People Who Hate Networking’ which is currently circulating in 45 different languages!
If that’s not enough Devora is a global keynote speaker and leadership consultant to some of the biggest names in the world!
I know you’re going to love this episode, there are so many nuggets of wisdom about authentic networking to pick up.
What you’ll discover:
- Why networking is the opposite to what most people believe
- Why authenticity is key to successful networking
- The 3 key differences between being an introvert and extrovert, and the role that temperament and behaviour play in both.
- How to approach networking, whether you’re an introvert or extrovert
- How to end and enter the conversation
- Devora’s (4) top tips for getting the most out of a networking event
- What to consider in your follow-up
- Addressing the balance of speaking and listening in networking conversations
- Why making an effort to focus conversations on ‘the good’ can enhance your networking
- How W.A.I.T.ing can help you interact at networking events
- Why multitasking is not the most effective way to get things done
All things Devora:
Thanks for listening!
To share your thoughts:
- leave a comment below.
- Share this show on Twitter, Facebook or LinkedIn.
To help the show out:
- Leave an honest review at www.ratethispodcast.com/tsc. Your ratings and reviews really help get the word out and I read each one.
- Subscribe on iTunes.