Public Speaking and Performing with Sarah Archer by Scott Gazzoli - 151
Scott Gazzoli is a regular listener of The Speaking Club and he is just starting out on his journey as a stand up comedian and podcaster. When he reached out to ask me to come on his show, so he could pick my brains for himself and his audience around public speaking and performing, I checked him out and then said a big fat “yes”.
He’s a guy who’s transitioned from being a financier to embracing his creative side, and he is going all in. Although he is primarily asking the questions in this show, he also has some great insights to share based on the breakthroughs he’s experienced along the way.
If you want to hear a bit more about my own journey, my experiences and struggles as a speaker and performer, AND get some tips to help you on yours then listen up...
What you’ll discover:
- The parallels between comedy, speaking and storytelling.
- Why you put your best material first as a comedian and why speakers need to take the same approach.
- The mindset traps you can fall into as a speaker.
- The importance of persona and how your blind spots can be the best way to find yours.
- The secret weapon for escaping your comfort zone.
- The coaching tips I gave Scott to prepare for his first comedy gig in front of 200 people.
- And lots more!
Thanks for listening!
To share your thoughts:
- leave a comment below.
- Share this show on Twitter, Facebook or LinkedIn.
To help the show out:
- Leave an honest review at www.ratethispodcast.com/tsc. Your ratings and reviews really help get the word out and I read each one.
- Subscribe on iTunes.