How to Build and Grow Your Professional Network with Stefan Thomas - 201
Investing your time to build a professional network could give you one of the biggest returns, both in business and life. That’s because as our life and career changes and develops we never know when we might need someone in that network.
My guest on this show is author, speaker and coach Stefan Thomas and he believes that putting effort into building and sustaining relationships at scale, over time, has benefits for every person, whether they own their own business, work for a company, or do a mixture of both.
The trouble is that as Stefan says:
“What most people think networking is, and what it actually is, are two very different things.”
So that’s why in this show, we’re getting to the heart of what networking ‘really’ is, how you can grow your network and how to nurture those relationships, so that they bring long term benefits to everyone.
If you want to develop your networking skills to grow your business or speaking career in the next 12 months, then you’ll love this show.
What you’ll learn:
- What made Stefan switch from real estate agent to teaching networking
- How Stefan approaches meeting new people.
- The difference between networking online versus in person.
- Whether you should always agree to 121 follow ups.
- Tips for handling 121 follow ups
- The key things you need to do to position yourself so that people want to buy from you.
- Why you should take advantage of longer speaking slots in networking meetings.
- Why storytelling is important for successful networking.
- How Stefan uses speaking to grow his business.
All things Stefan:
Thanks for listening!
To share your thoughts:
- leave a comment below.
- Share this show on Twitter, Facebook or LinkedIn.
To help the show out:
- Leave an honest review at https://www.ratethispodcast.com/tsc. Your ratings and reviews really help get the word out and I read each one.
- Subscribe on iTunes.