Overcoming the Different Dimensions of Public Speaking Anxiety with Dr Clare Roberts - 208
Dr. Clare Roberts has gone from being a clinical psychologist in the UK, to a YouTuber in Florida. Her YouTube channel, Generation Calm, which she juggles while still being a full-time homeschooling mum, now has 25,000 subscribers and over 2 million views. (At the time of recording in January 2022)
Her channel helps people looking to better manage their mind and live a more powerful life. She posts videos on stress management techniques, anxiety relief and relaxation methods, including guided meditations, which are very popular.
In part 1 of my interview with Clare, we are talking about public speaking anxiety and how to tackle it. If you have issues with confidence around public speaking then this is well worth a listen to pick up tips, tools and new ideas to stop fear getting in the way of sharing your message.
What you’ll learn:
- How Clare shifted from NHS psychologist to YouTube influencer
- The differences between psychiatrists, psychologists and counselors.
- Clare’s own experience of public speaking anxiety and how it showed up in her life.
- The different mental and physical aspects of anxiety.
- The physical symptoms of public speaking anxiety and how to minimize them.
- Using graded exposure to overcome fear and build confidence.
- Why it’s not about being ‘ready’ to speak, but about being ‘committed’ to starting on the journey.
- The role that Dolly Parton played in helping her get started with her speaking.
- Techniques to get you into your ‘speaking’ performance state.
- Why you should give airtime to negative self-talk and how to do it in the right way.
All things Clare:
Want to get better at finding and sharing your stories then check out our FREE Five Day Snackable Story Challenge
Practice your speaking & test your content in a safe space in The Speaking Club ‘Live’ Membership
Want to create a signature talk that sells, then check out our Nail Your Signature Talk in 60 Days programme.
Want to find out about working with me 121 then book a call here.
Thanks for listening!
To share your thoughts:
- leave a comment below.
- Share this show on Twitter, Facebook or LinkedIn.
To help the show out:
- Leave an honest review at https://www.ratethispodcast.com/tsc. Your ratings and reviews really help get the word out and I read each one.
- Subscribe on iTunes.