Why the Conventional Approach to Managing Mental Health is Flawed and What to Do Instead with Jackie Brennan - 215
Jackie Brennan spent over 30 years building a career in the construction industry. She was dedicated, career focused and ambitious and worked her way up to become a senior leader. But after returning from an overseas contract, she decided to take a rare short break before the next one.
Something happened in that time at home that turned her view of her life upside down.
Despite having every intention to return, after her revelation she found that she couldn’t bring herself to do it, and that short pause turned into a permanent break from a corporate job.
It also forged a new purpose for her, and a complete change in direction.
Today, Jackie uses her experience and her skills in complementary therapies to share a new perspective on mental wellbeing.
Through her speaking and coaching she challenges conventional thinking, and sets out a different approach for individuals and organisations. One that will enable them to avoid the traps of burnout and poor mental health and secure all the benefits of sustainable high performance.
What you’ll discover:
- How Jackie discovered she was burnt out.
- The unconscious baggage that we carry that can influence our lives and create our biggest regrets.
- Why the conventional way of tackling burnout and mental wellbeing is not working.
- The obstacles Jackie is having to overcome in sharing her message?
- The huge benefits for individuals and organisations in tackling burn out differently.
- Three big tips for creating a sustainable, high performance culture.
- How Jackie uses speaking and storytelling to get her message out there.
All things Jackie:
Ask and It Is Given: Learning to Manifest Your Desires by Ester and Jerry Hicks
Play Bigger: How Rebels and Innovators Create New Categories and Dominate Markets by Al Ramadan, Dave Peterson, Christopher Lochhead, Kevin Maney
Want to get better at finding and sharing your stories then check out our FREE Five Day Snackable Story Challenge
Practice your speaking & test your content in a safe space in The Speaking Club ‘Live’ Membership
Want to create a signature talk that sells, then check out our Nail Your Signature Talk in 60 Days programme.
Want to find out about working with me 121 then book a call here.
Thanks for listening!
To share your thoughts:
- leave a comment below.
- Share this show on Twitter, Facebook or LinkedIn.
To help the show out:
- Leave an honest review at https://www.ratethispodcast.com/tsc. Your ratings and reviews really help get the word out and I read each one.
- Subscribe on iTunes.