Leading Successful Change Through Storytelling - 220
So many organisations struggle to implement change effectively. Certainly in my many years of being involved in projects and big change programmes, I rarely saw one that didn’t overrun, exceed the budget and lose employee goodwill along the way.
It wasn’t until I left the corporate world and trained in marketing, sales and influencing that I understood why it happened so often, and how to proactively dismantle the barriers and obstacles that get in the way.
So … in this show I want to answer two questions for you:
- Why are most organisations crap at effecting change?
- How can stories help leaders to make change happen successfully?
And just so that we’re on the same page … to me successful change means minimal deviation from plan and budget, minimal disruption and minimal loss of employee goodwill.
What you’ll learn:
- Why most organisations struggle to implement change successfully
- The Star Trek story that illustrates why change is hard.
- Why I fell out of love with the 80’s Highlander film and how that can help you win hearts and minds.
- The map for a story led change talk
- How to use that map to create your talk
- Why you should pay extra attention to the questions you get asked by your audience
- The three different groups you will find in every change scenario.
- Why you don’t need to be creative to use stories in your talks
(Take a photo of your review and get a free e-copy of my book Cracking Speech Mate - How to Use Humour to Make You an Amazing Speaker!)
Thanks for listening!
To share your thoughts:
- leave a comment below.
- Share this show on Twitter, Facebook or LinkedIn.
To help the show out:
- Leave an honest review at https://www.ratethispodcast.com/tsc. Your ratings and reviews really help get the word out and I read each one.
- Subscribe on iTunes.