How to Overcome the Odds and Achieve Your Goals with Dre Baldwin - 230
Dre Baldwin has approached his life as if he is the exception to the rule. He has achieved what some people would have deemed impossible … becoming a pro basketball player without playing for his college basketball team.
His story is fascinating as is the way that he thinks about what’s possible for him, and the way that he views obstacles that others would see as insurmountable.
Today, Dre is the CEO and Founder of Work On Your Game Inc. He has given 4 TEDxTalks and has authored 31 books.
Hi Youtube content has been viewed over 73 million times. His daily Work On Your Game Podcast has over 2,200 episodes and over 4.5 million listeners.
If you feel that you’re not achieving your potential, and you want to get some inspiration, new ways of thinking alongside practical tips for managing your life and business goals to fulfil your ambitions then do check this interview out.
What you’ll discover:
- How Dre overcame the odds and went from having no varsity experience to becoming a pro basketball player.
- Dre’s view on hard work versus talent.
- The highs and lows of being a professional basketball player
- The ‘aha’ moment Dre had that set him on the path to what he does today.
- Why he made the switch from basketball to mindset tips in his videos.
- The right balance to get between sharing successes and failures and why.
- The significance of ‘The Third Day’ in achieving your goals.
- Why Dre believes there is no such thing as overconfidence.
- How being shy affected Dre’s speaking.
- Dre’s strategy for getting TEDx talk spots.
- How he uses stories in his talks and videos.
- The part that speaking has played in growing his audience and business.
All things Dre:
Website - http://DreAllDay.com/
And here's a link for the FREE 30-minute "Game Session" specifically for The Speaking Club listeners: http://www.WorkOnYourGameUniversity.com/speakingclub
And Dre's text number to get his FREE #DailyMotivation text is: 1.305.384.6894
Want to get better at finding and sharing your stories then check out our FREE Five Day Snackable Story Challenge
Practice your speaking & test your content in a safe space in The Speaking Club ‘Live’ Membership
Want to create a signature talk that sells, then check out our Nail Your Signature Talk in 60 Days programme.
Want to find out about working with me 121 then book a call here.
Thanks for listening!
To share your thoughts:
- Share this show on Twitter, Facebook or LinkedIn.
To help the show out:
- Leave an honest review at www.ratethispodcast.com/tsc. Your ratings and reviews really help get the word out and I read each one.
- Subscribe on iTunes.