The Important Distinction That Will Set You Free and Increase Your Impact - 231
Most of us human beings are weird. We make these declarations about what we want, then when it comes to taking the steps necessary to make that happen, we do everything we can to avoid them. And the longer we do that, the bigger the task seems to be and the more we beat ourselves up for not doing it.
If you have behaved the same way, or you’re stuck at the moment, then take solace from the fact that you aren’t alone. All of us do it, and more often than not for the same reason.
In fact this situation came up recently in a coaching session with one of my Speaking Club Live members, Donna Ferenth, who has kindly agreed to let me share our discussion with you.
Donna is the owner of a multiple taste award winning artisan tea company called Unravel Tea, based in the highlands of Scotland. She first came into my world through my Snackable Story Challenge and has carried on working with me on her talks and content over the past couple of years in The Speaking Club.
Following our session Donna took action and I hope that listening in on our discussion may help to get you unstuck too.
What you’ll learn:
- What’s getting in the way of Donna taking action
- The important distinction I discovered around the age of 40.
- Who Arnold and Betty are and where they get their power from.
- How you can manage your version of Arnold and Betty.
- Why you can be sorted in one aspect of your life but issues can resurface in business.
- The double-edged sword of procrastination.
- What the most successful people do in relation to completing tasks that move their business forward.
(Take a photo of your review and get a free e-copy of my book Cracking Speech Mate - How to Use Humour to Make You an Amazing Speaker!)
All things Donna:
Want to get better at finding and sharing your stories then check out our FREE Five Day Snackable Story Challenge
Practice your speaking & test your content in a safe space in The Speaking Club ‘Live’ Membership
Want to create a signature talk that sells, then check out our Nail Your Signature Talk in 60 Days programme.
Want to find out about working with me 121 then book a call here.
Thanks for listening!
To share your thoughts:
- Share this show on Twitter, Facebook or LinkedIn.
To help the show out:
- Leave an honest review at www.ratethispodcast.com/tsc. Your ratings and reviews really help get the word out and I read each one.
- Subscribe on iTunes.