How to Harness the Power of Silence in Your Public Speaking - 233
I can’t think of one person I’ve worked with, whom I haven’t had to coach on using more pauses in their talks.
That’s because most of us are uncomfortable with silence even in 121 conversations, so throw an audience into the mix, plus nerves, and passion, and you have a recipe for speedy speaking.
The trouble is that the pause is a powerful speaking tool that you want to be able to wield to make your public speaking more impactful and keep your audience with you.
That’s why in this show I want to persuade you to be bold, commit and give it a try.
What you’ll learn:
- Why the pause is so powerful.
- Why finding the big moments and pivot points in your talk is a vital part of the preparation process.
- The four reasons silence is your friend as a speaker
- How using a pause can build your confidence
- Why the pause is so critical for building connection with your audience
- How to use the pause to build emotion and grab attention
- Why silence tells your audience to laugh
(Take a photo of your review and get a free e-copy of my book Cracking Speech Mate - How to Use Humour to Make You an Amazing Speaker!)
Thanks for listening!
To share your thoughts:
- leave a comment below.
- Share this show on Twitter, Facebook or LinkedIn.
To help the show out:
- Leave an honest review at https://www.ratethispodcast.com/tsc. Your ratings and reviews really help get the word out and I read each one.
- Subscribe on iTunes.