Applying the Psychology of Sports Performance to Sales Success with Phil Coley - 238
Phil Coley started off his business journey as a sports psychologist working with olympians, world and European champions in a variety of sports and disciplines.
Phil’s ability to influence team performance in the sports arena was spotted by a business leader, who wanted to achieve the same success with his sales team. This led Phil to train 100 sales managers and initiated his switch from sports to business performance.
He started his own consultancy in 2007 and after initial success ended up losing everything, and having to start again… teaching him some of the most critical business lessons of all.
Today, Phil has a number of successful business interests including a sales & marketing agency, accountancy firm, recruitment company, digital publishing and wellbeing business. He and his business partner Phil and Mark have also developed their ‘SIMPLE’ programme which helps business owners have their own 'playbook' based on 6 key pillars.
He is on the show to share his sales, business and speaking tips to help you grow your brand, audience and success.
What you’ll discover:
- The difference between sports psychology and sales psychology
- The work Phil did with high performing sports teams and athletes
- Why Phil switched from sports psychology to sales
- The biggest mistakes Phil has made on his business journey and why.
- The constants for sales success despite the ever changing landscape
- The levers that business owners should focus on to generate the biggest sales results.
- How Phil uses speaking to grow his business.
- How stories fit into the sales equation.
All things Phil:
Want to get better at finding and sharing your stories then check out our FREE Five Day Snackable Story Challenge
Practice your speaking & test your content in a safe space in The Speaking Club ‘Live’ Membership
Want to create a signature talk that sells, then check out our Nail Your Signature Talk in 60 Days programme.
Want to find out about working with me 121 then book a call here.
Thanks for listening!
To share your thoughts:
- Share this show on Twitter, Facebook or LinkedIn.
To help the show out:
- Leave an honest review at www.ratethispodcast.com/tsc. Your ratings and reviews really help get the word out and I read each one.
- Subscribe on iTunes.