Can Meditating Make You a Better Speaker? - 252
There’s a lot of talk about the benefits of meditation, not only in helping us cope with the challenges we face in modern life, but also the physical benefits that may give us longer lives and better overall health.
That’s why a lot more people are now meditating, and I’m one of them.
Until now, I’ve dabbled in it, but one of my goals this year was to go all in on meditation and do it every day. So, I enrolled on a 10-day virtual meditation retreat, which I’m halfway through at the time of recording. Currently, I’m meditating for two hours a day, one in the morning and one in the evening, which is a challenge.
I’m doing this for two key reasons, firstly to improve my focus and secondly to get a stronger connection to my intuition.
But the big question I wanted to explore in this episode is whether introducing meditation into your life could help you become a better speaker?
What you’ll discover:
- What meditation actually is.
- The different types of meditation.
- How meditation can affect fear of speaking.
- The ways that meditation can help you create your talk content.
- How you can get stopped from fulfilling your potential and how meditation can prevent that.
- The extra meditation practice that can supercharge your performance.
- How meditation can improve your connection with your audience.
(Take a photo of your review, email it to me at [email protected] and get a free e-copy of my book Cracking Speech Mate - How to Use Humour to Make You an Amazing Speaker!)
Thanks for listening!
To share your thoughts:
- Share this show on Twitter, Facebook or LinkedIn.
To help the show out:
- Leave an honest review at https://www.ratethispodcast.com/tsc. Your ratings and reviews really help get the word out and I read each one.
- Subscribe on iTunes.