Thrutopia - The New Storytelling Genre with the Power to Change Everything with Manda Scott - 258
As speakers we are using stories to affect our audience. At the bare minimum a story will entertain. When you begin to infuse the story with emotions, fears and desires that your audience shares then it becomes engaging at the next level.
But if we truly want our audience to shift into action then our stories must show transformation, and this is the type of story that I teach speakers to use in their talks.
When I heard about Manda Scott’s new take on transformational storytelling for writers, I wanted to get her on the show to find out more.
Manda has had an interesting journey from veterinary surgeon, to best-selling novelist, to founder of the ‘Accidental Gods’ movement and podcast, and the Thrutopian genre of writing.
Her own story is fascinating and she shares some experiences she has had that you might find challenging, because they feel so far removed from ‘convention’.
There is so much value and importance in what she shares, and if you want to effect real change as a speaker, then this show is for you.
What you’ll discover:
- Why we are not fixed to one path or purpose and how Manda discovered each new chapter of her life.
- The concept of ‘accidental gods’ and what this means for each of us
- What the new ‘Thrutopian’ writing genre is and its power to make change a reality.
- How speakers can use the ‘Thrutopian’ approach to bring new possibilities into being.
- The importance of intuition and ways that we can get more in touch with our true self.
- Why fear is our biggest enemy.
- How we can connect better with each other and the world around us
- Manda’s view of the essential elements of a story that gets people into action
- The secret to writing a best selling book.
All things Manda:
Want to get better at finding and sharing your stories then check out our FREE Five Day Snackable Story Challenge
Practice your speaking & test your content in a safe space in The Speaking Club ‘Live’ Membership
Want to create a signature talk that sells, then check out our Nail Your Signature Talk in 60 Days programme.
Want to find out about working with me 121 then book a call here.
Thanks for listening!
To share your thoughts:
- Share this show on Twitter, Facebook or LinkedIn.
To help the show out:
- Leave an honest review at https://www.ratethispodcast.com/tsc. Your ratings and reviews really help get the word out and I read each one.
- Subscribe on iTunes.