Becoming a Magnetic Speaker with Tina Bakehouse - 265
Adding the label of speaker to your bio is becoming more common, but calling yourself a speaker and actually being able to deliver your message in a way that educates, inspires and motivates are two very different things.
There are lots of people boring the pants off audiences, when they don’t need to, and this is a belief that my guest Tina Bakehouse and I share in common.
Tina is a communications coach and soon to be author of a new book called ‘Discover Our Magnetic Speaker Within’. She asked me and other speaking coaches to input into the book and I am chuffed to have her come on the show to share more about it and for us to discuss some great tips for helping you become that magnetic speaker.
Tina spent many years teaching communications in education, and then in the corporate world, before striking out to set up her own business in 2020.
Like me, she is on a mission to protect audiences from boring speakers and speeches, and today she works with heart-centered leaders and organizations to provide speaking and storytelling consulting and coaching.
A former Disney Cast Member and TEDx speaker and coach, Tina is passionate about educating others to become more self-aware and enhance their speaker style.
There are lots of gold nuggets here so enjoy!
What you’ll discover:
- How Tina went from Iowan farm girl to Disney cast member.
- The biggest takeaway from her time at Disney.
- How she shifted gears to what she does today.
- What happened when she lost her voice in 2007, and what she learned from it.
- How Tina used storytelling to build community.
- The different types of speaker style and how you can discern yours.
- Three big speaking mistakes people should avoid.
- What it means to be a magnetic speaker.
- Three tips for becoming so you can move closer to becoming a magnetic speaker.
All things Tina:
Linked In: https://www.linkedin.com/in/tinabakehouse/
Facebook, personal: https://www.facebook.com/TinaBakehouse
Facebook, business: https://www.facebook.com/TinaB.LLC/
Books & Resources*:
Want to get better at finding and sharing your stories then check out our FREE Five Day Snackable Story Challenge
Practice your speaking & test your content in a safe space in The Speaking Club ‘Live’ Membership
Want to create a signature talk that sells, then check out our Nail Your Signature Talk in 60 Days programme.
Want to find out about working with me 121 then book a call here.
Thanks for listening!
To share your thoughts:
- Share this show on Twitter, Facebook or LinkedIn.
To help the show out:
- Leave an honest review at https://www.ratethispodcast.com/tsc. Your ratings and reviews really help get the word out and I read each one.
- Subscribe on iTunes.