How to Overcome Skepticism and Increase Audience Buy-In - 266
With technology now able to doctor images, people and chatbots pretending to be who they’re not and the advent of fake news, it might feel like it’s going to be harder than ever before to get people to believe new ideas.
That doubt can hold us back from sharing our message for fear that we might not be able to get it across in the right way, causing damage to our reputation and confidence.
But I want to let you know that it is absolutely possible to overcome skepticism and get your audience bought in and wanting to work with you.
In this episode, I’ll be sharing tools that you can use as a speaker in talks, webinars and workshops to establish credibility and overcome skepticism, so that you get the buy-in to your message.
What you’ll discover:
- What makes us believe things?
- The most obvious sources of credibility
- Are you an anti-authority?
- How to establish your authority
- How to make statistics meaningful
- The most powerful authority that you can leverage
- The Sinatra Test – can you pass it?
- The incongruence gap and how to use it.
(Take a photo of your review, email it to me at [email protected] and get a free e-copy of my book Cracking Speech Mate - How to Use Humour to Make You an Amazing Speaker!)
Thanks for listening!
To share your thoughts:
- Share this show on Twitter, Facebook or LinkedIn.
To help the show out:
- Leave an honest review at https://www.ratethispodcast.com/tsc. Your ratings and reviews really help get the word out and I read each one.
- Subscribe on iTunes.