Increase Your Speaking Impact by Creating a ‘Push and Pull’ Talk - 268
As a speaker you need to be like the director of a movie, using your talk content and delivery to captivate the audience. Your talk should contain moments that challenge them, make them ponder, create desire and yearning and move them towards your intended destination. All in a way that feels natural and aligned.
In this episode, I’m going to share the levers you can use to achieve those things.
If you want to increase the impact of your speaking then you will definitely want to grab a listen.
What you’ll discover:
- The ‘approach and avoid’ programming and how it affects us.
- What impact it can have on your effectiveness as a speaker.
- When to use ‘push’ and when to use ‘pull on our audience’.
- What you need to understand to use this successfully.
- The other big lever you can pull to influence thoughts, feelings and behaviour.
- Why you need to think like a Hollywood director when you’re creating your content.
- Why you need to channel emotion in your delivery.
(Take a photo of your review, email it to me at [email protected] and get a free e-copy of my book Cracking Speech Mate - How to Use Humour to Make You an Amazing Speaker!)
‘The Influential Mind’ by Tali Sharot
Thanks for listening!
To share your thoughts:
- Share this show on Twitter, Facebook or LinkedIn.
To help the show out:
- Leave an honest review at https://www.ratethispodcast.com/tsc. Your ratings and reviews really help get the word out and I read each one.
- Subscribe on iTunes.