Getting the Slide Advantage with Philippa Leguen de Lacroix - 271
Still one of the most prolific tools around, Powerpoint can literally make or break your presentation, depending on how you use it. That’s why I wanted to get Philippa Leguen de Lacroix on the show.
She started life employed as a graphic designer, and was increasingly tasked with creating powerpoint slides for the different organisations she worked for. But … Philippa had a yearning to become her own boss, and after a hockey match with another designer pal they decided to start their own agency. That company has gone from strength to strength, pushing the boundaries of powerpoint to deliver jaw dropping presentations that continue to delight audiences and win new clients.
In this show you are going to get some great tips to help you avoid the pitfalls of powerpoint and other types of software, and create slides that support you creating a talk that shines.
What you’ll discover:
- What made Philippa focus on powerpoint.
- How you and your slides can build the connection with your audience or trash it.
- Why the bar for good slides is so low and the bad practice Philippa has seen that you can avoid.
- The psychological and physiological things that we need to take into account with our slide creation.
- What design linked with value means and why it matters.
- What is more important, the talk content and delivery, or the slides.
- Why Philippa believes we should still consider powerpoint over other slide software options.
- Three great tips for good slide design and creation.
All things Philippa:
Books & Resources*:
Want to get better at finding and sharing your stories then check out our FREE Five Day Snackable Story Challenge
Practice your speaking & test your content in a safe space in The Speaking Club ‘Live’ Membership
Want to create a signature talk that sells, then check out our Nail Your Signature Talk in 60 Days programme.
Want to find out about working with me 121 then book a call here.
Thanks for listening!
To share your thoughts:
- Share this show on Twitter, Facebook or LinkedIn.
To help the show out:
- Leave an honest review at https://www.ratethispodcast.com/tsc Your ratings and reviews really help get the word out and I read each one.
- Subscribe on iTunes.