The Epic Journey to the Stage with Jamie McAnsh - 273
Waking up paralysed in 2014 completely turned Jamie McAnsh’s life upside down.
He lost his job, and his independence, but he was determined to forge a new path and purpose for his life.
That included becoming a top disabled athlete, and fulfilling his dream of climbing Mount Everest in 2022.
What he realised was that he had a great support network around him, helping him to achieve his goals, and he wanted to create something so that other people could experience that support too. That was when he created his company ‘See No Bounds’ with his wife Charlott.
Today, Jamie divides his time between speaking all over the world on various topics, and building the See No Bounds global business community.
In this show you are going to get some brilliant insights into what it takes to keep going even when your life and world comes crashing down again and again! You are also going to get some great tips from Jamie around how he built his speaking career.
(TRIGGER WARNING: PLEASE BE AWARE THAT THIS SHOW CONTAINS REFERENCE TO SUICIDAL THOUGHTS)
What you’ll discover:
- How Jamie woke up paralysed one morning in 2014.
- Why he had a funeral for his ‘able body’ in 2015, despite beginning to make a recovery.
- How Jamie’s life was thrown into more turmoil and how he came through it.
- The lessons he has learned so far from the adversity he has faced.
- Why Jamie created, ‘See No Bounds’ and how COVID nearly took his business.
- How he got started speaking and why.
- What he has learned about himself from speaking to audiences about his journey.
- What Jamie got from his TEDx experience and the lessons he learned.
- How Jamie prepares for his talks and where storytelling and humour fit in.
All things Jamie:
Books & Resources*:
Want to get better at finding and sharing your stories then check out our FREE Five Day Snackable Story Challenge
Practice your speaking & test your content in a safe space in The Speaking Club ‘Live’ Membership
Want to create a signature talk that sells, then check out our Nail Your Signature Talk in 60 Days programme.
Want to find out about working with me 121 then book a call here.
Thanks for listening!
To share your thoughts:
- Share this show on Twitter, Facebook or LinkedIn.
To help the show out:
- Leave an honest review at https://www.ratethispodcast.com/tsc Your ratings and reviews really help get the word out and I read each one.
- Subscribe on iTunes.