Protecting Your Ass-ets with Heather Pearce-Campbell - 280
Let’s face it, trying to navigate how to protect the IP you’ve created in talks, books and courses, can make you feel like Frodo trying to get the ring safely to Mordor
… confused, scared and worried about people stealing your precious stuff.
The truth is that the legal profession hasn’t really moved as fast as today’s entrepreneurs have needed it too… and that has left most of us using hope as a strategy when it comes to looking after our assets.
But, I’ve got you … actually more to the point Heather Pearce-Campbell has got you!
She is a dedicated attorney and legal coach for world-changing entrepreneurs, as well as the founder of Pearce Law PLLC. She is also the creator of The Legal Website Warrior®, an online business that provides legal education and support to information entrepreneurs (coaches, consultants, online educators, speakers & authors) around the U.S. and the world.
She has some huge names as clients including Lewis Howes (School of Greatness), Ryder Carroll (The Bullet Journal), and Kyle Cease (NYT Bestselling author & comedian), to name but a few.
On top of all of that Heather is also the host of the Guts, Grit & Great Business™ podcast, a speaker and a busy Mum!
She’s joining me on the speaking club to give you some clarity and confidence when it comes to setting the right legal foundations for your business and planning for success.
What you’ll discover:
- How Heather’s career might have taken a different trajectory if her Dad had paid for college.
- Why so many entrepreneurs feel scared and intimidated about the legal side of business.
- The biggest legal risks that online entrepreneurs face.
- Why entrepreneurs are so underserved from a legal perspective.
- What speakers specifically need to be mindful of to protect themselves legally.
- The difference between a registered trademark, IP and copyright.
- At what point you should be taking steps to protect what you create.
- A simple framework you can follow to protect yourself and your business legally...
- The most important thing you need to do today to get started.
All things Heather:
Books & Resources*:
Swamp Lands of the Soul By Dr James Hollis
Want to get better at finding and sharing your stories then check out our FREE Five Day Snackable Story Challenge
Want to create a signature talk that sells, then check out our Nail Your Signature Talk in 60 Days programme.
Want to find out about working with me 121 then book a call here.
Thanks for listening!
To share your thoughts:
· Share this show on Twitter, Facebook or LinkedIn.
To help the show out:
· Leave an honest review at https://www.ratethispodcast.com/tsc Your ratings and reviews really help get the word out and I read each one.
· Subscribe on iTunes.
*(please note if you use my link - I get a small commission, but this does not affect your payment)