[Quick Tip] How to Show Authority Without Shoving it in People’s Faces - 282
If people believe that you can deliver what they want and need, they will book you to speak, or buy your products or services. But in showing them that you can deliver there's a fine line between confident and cocky, and if you cross that line, it can push people away… and you don’t want that.
So … how do you show authority without shoving it in people’s faces?
Well that’s what I’m going to talk about today. Here’s what this show will cover:
- A definition of authority in this context
- The five ingredients for building authority authentically
- Why you need to convince yourself first and how to do it
- The next level of self-awareness that has made all the difference to me
- Why ‘it has to be ‘you’ - 100% of the time
- The real way to show you’re an expert
- Tips for breaking down barriers
(Take a photo of your review, email it to me at [email protected] and get a free e-copy of my book Cracking Speech Mate - How to Use Humour to Make You an Amazing Speaker!)
Thanks for listening!
To share your thoughts:
· Share this show on Twitter, Facebook or LinkedIn.
To help the show out:
· Leave an honest review at https://www.ratethispodcast.com/tsc. Your ratings and reviews really help get the word out and I read each one.
· Subscribe on Apple Podcast