[Insights] Framing and Managing Anxiety Around Public Speaking- 228
Everyone, to some degree, has anxiety around speaking, and it can affect us all in different ways. Maybe it affects your ability to relax, try new things and show your personality when you speak, or maybe anxiety is paralyzing you, and keeping you stuck and small.
That’s why in this episode I’ve gathered together insights from experts with different perspectives on managing anxiety and fear, and thrown my own two penneth into the mix for you to consider. What Mark, Clare, Tim, Colette and I share will give you some new ways to look at anxiety and tips for managing it, so that you can begin to fully step into your speaking power.
If you want to start speaking, or feel more at ease on stage, so that you can be fully self expressed … sharing your passion, purpose and personality with more impact then listen up!
What you'll discover
- The mind-body connection and the sequence in which our bodies shut down because of fear.
- How Mark nearly blacked out with fear the first time he spoke!
- Mark’s tips for managing future based ‘imagined’ fear.
- A new way to frame anxiety.
- Tips for managing anxiety.
- Tips for managing anxiety related to public speaking.
Dr Clare Roberts:
- The different mental and physical aspects of anxiety.
- The physical symptoms of public speaking anxiety and how to minimize them.
- Using graded exposure to overcome fear and build confidence.
- Techniques to get you into your ‘speaking’ performance state.
- Whether anxiety is an illness or a state of mind.
- The difference between types of anxiety and phobias.
- How fear of speaking on stage or on video is driven by our beliefs.
- Tactics for tackling ‘bad’ stories.
- What we’re really scared of.
- The two most powerful tools you can deploy in your life to become unstoppable.
All things Mark:
All things Tim:
All things Clare:
All things Colette:
Full Episode Links
Want to get better at finding and sharing your stories then check out our FREE Five Day Snackable Story Challenge
Practice your speaking & test your content in a safe space in The Speaking Club ‘Live’ Membership
Want to create a signature talk that sells, then check out our Nail Your Signature Talk in 60 Days programme.
Want to find out about working with me 121 then book a call here.
Thanks for listening!
To share your thoughts:
- Leave a comment below.
- Share this show on Twitter, Facebook or LinkedIn.
To help the show out:
- Leave an honest review at https://www.ratethispodcast.com/tsc Your ratings and reviews really help get the word out and I read each one.
- Subscribe on iTunes.