[Insights] on Better Networking, Follow Up Conversations, and Connecting Strategically - 222
In this episode I’ve pulled together insights from four powerhouse networkers, and each of them is an expert in creating value and building relationships. What they share will make sure you grow your network powerfully and authentically, so that your business or career prospers and you make some great friends along the way.
Devora Zack has carved out a reputation as a networking guru, and what she has to share about authentic networking is valid whether you're doing it online or eyeball to eyeball.
She’s been featured in many publications and media such as the Wall Street Journal, Forbes, USA Today, Women’s Health and Fast Company - to name but a few!
Stefan Thomas believes that putting effort into building and sustaining relationships at scale, over time, has benefits for every person, whether they own their own business, work for a company, or do a mixture of both. The trouble is that as Stefan says:
“What most people think networking is, and what it actually is, are two very different things.”
Peter Beaumont has led the marketing teams for some of the most iconic global brands, in a career spanning over 80 countries. In that time he figured out the secret to managing and building strategic business relationships, and now he speaks and consults with other companies using his six step process to help them develop more powerful connections and take things to the next level.
Brandon Fong learned lessons at a young age from his parents that enabled him to master three of the most important skills that an entrepreneur needs for success. At 22 using those skills he made a connection that would change his life. He has continued to build on those skills and today he is on the journey to his own seven figure business and is helping entrepreneurs use his ‘Magic Connection’ method to develop relationships that will change their lives too.
What you’ll discover:
- Four great tips for getting the most out of a networking event.
- Why you should follow up and what to consider in your follow-up to increase the chances of them saying yes.
- How to avoid the traps that damage rapport.
- Addressing the balance of speaking and listening in networking conversations.
- Whether you should always agree to 121 follow ups.
- Getting the balance right in 121 conversations between asking versus telling.
- Why you should take advantage of longer speaking slots in networking meetings.
- Why storytelling is important for successful networking and marketing.
- How to define the key relationships you need to influence and develop.
- The important ingredients for developing strategic partnerships.
- How you know if you’re doing ‘human to human’ business relationships right.
- The ‘Ikea effect’ and how you can use this principle to add value to people who are more successful than you.
- The slipstream technique and how you can use it to accelerate your success.
- Brandon’s ‘Magic Connection’ method and the three ingredients for success.
- The benefits of ‘no’ oriented questions and how to use them.
- An example of an email using Brandon’s ‘magic connection’ method, which helped him change his life at 22.
All things Devora:
All things Stefan:
All things Brandon:
Search for the The 7 Figure Millennials Podcast
Magic Connection Method: www.magicconnectionmethod.com
- Coupon Code for the accelerator program: 7FM
More advanced training and bonuses: www.bfo.ng/tsc
All things Peter:
LinkedIn: Peter M Beaumont
Email: [email protected]
Full Episode Links
Want to get better at finding and sharing your stories then check out our FREE Five Day Snackable Story Challenge
Practice your speaking & test your content in a safe space in The Speaking Club ‘Live’ Membership
Want to create a signature talk that sells, then check out our Nail Your Signature Talk in 60 Days programme.
Want to find out about working with me 121 then book a call here.
Thanks for listening!
To share your thoughts:
- Leave a comment below.
- Share this show on Twitter, Facebook or LinkedIn.
To help the show out:
- Leave an honest review at https://www.ratethispodcast.com/tsc Your ratings and reviews really help get the word out and I read each one.
- Subscribe on iTunes.